Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Saturday, December 23, 2017

DD (Hobby Lobby) Wax Melts Reviews

DD (Hobby Lobby) Wax Melts Reviews

DD (Hobby Lobby) Wax Melts
Click to enlarge

Video


DD (Darsee & David) candles and wax melts are made exclusively for Hobby Lobby. They come out with a handful of new scents a few times a year. Most of the scents in this review are brand new, within the past few months. I enjoy the DD (Hobby Lobby) scented wax melts, and I especially like that they show the scent notes right on the label.



Amber Petals

Notes: Frosted citron, amber, cedarwood and neroli

This smells like warm, rich musky old-fashioned honeysuckle perfume. DD also has (or used to have) a scent called Honeysuckle Bouquet, which was different from this scent (more soapy and not as sweet and rich, like honeysuckle scented soap). Looking at the scent notes, I do detect the neroli in the background, which is a scent I love. And the amber of course adds the warmth. I don't smell cedar, and I definitely don't smell citrus. I'm surprised I don't see honeysuckle or musk in the notes. I really like this scent.

Throw: Medium, 3.5 out of 5



Apple Spiced Cider

Notes: Cinnamon, red apple & clove

A typical fall cinnamon apple scent. This one smells a bit better than other similar scents I've smelled. It's more authentic and doesn't have that waxy note that some cinnamon apple scents have.

Throw: Mild, 3 out of 5



Christmas Tree

Notes: Pine needles, fir balsam & wintergreen

A fantastic blue spruce scent with a woodsy note. It's not a biting pine scent or a smoky scent, and it's different and more authentic than most of the pine type scents I've smelled, with that aldehyde type of note that I love in Colonial Candle's Blue Spruce scent. Looking at the scent notes, wintergreen has an anise note, but I don't smell anything like that in this scent, or any minty notes either.

Throw: Medium, 3 to 3.5



Exotic Oasis

Notes: Blooming clematis, magnolia, ebony wood and poppies

I love this scent! It's a super sweet floral perfumey scent with a berry note and maybe a hint of marshmallow, a bit like pink sugar. Very girly! Looking at the scent notes, I'm surprised I don't see any fruit since I do smell a little bit of fruit, maybe raspberry or plum.

Throw: Mild, 2.5 to 3 out of 5



Gardenia Blossoms

Notes: Gardenia, jasmine & lilac

This smells like real gardenia. It's not overly sweet or perfumey. It has a little bit of a hothouse or greenhouse floral note. Looking at the scent notes, I do smell the lilac too. It's a nice scent.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 to 4 out of 5



Gourmet Taffy

Notes: Buttery salt water taffy at its best

This scent wasn't available when I did this review; hence no picture (I added this review on 12/29/17). It's a sweet candyish scent, but different from the Jelly Bean scent in that it's also rich and buttery. I can't tell what kind of fruit it is; it smells a little like pineapple. And the wax is yellow. It's not overly fruity, but more like a sweet buttery candy scent with a slight fruit note. It's a nice scent, but it only lasted about an hour and a half!

Throw: Medium, 3.5 out of 5



Grammie's Toffee

Notes: Butter, caramel & vanilla

It's caramel. A nice scent, but just a typical caramel scent. It's slightly salty but not really a salted caramel scent.

Throw: Strong, 4 out of 5



Grapefruit & Cinnamon

Notes: Bright citrus & spice

It's an odd combination, but it works. This smells like a tropical berry. I smell the slight bitterness of the grapefruit, although I don't detect grapefruit per se. And I detect a little of the cinnamon, but it smells more like it's just part of the berry scent. It's sweet too, but not overly sweet. I like it. It smells a lot like an old ScentSationals scent called Fiesta (different from Tropical Fiesta). I'm surprised I don't see berries in the notes.

Throw: Medium, 3 to 3.5 out of 5



Jelly Bean

Notes: Fruity melange of strawberry, pineapple, banana, grape and orange

This is a fruity candy scent, but I can't figure out what fruit. I think I smell grape, but maybe also a little bit of strawberry and even banana. Looking at the scent notes, they're spot on. I don't smell pineapple or orange though. Although it's a sweet scent, it's slightly less sweet than what I would expect from a jelly bean scent. Actually, it smells more like fruity gumdrops or gummy bears or something like that. It smells a bit like ScentSationals Rock Candy but with slightly different notes, and a little less sweet.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 to 4 out of 5



Lavender & Oakwood

Notes: Soft medley of rosewood oak and blond woods wrapped with fresh lavender

This is a medicinal but fresh lavender scent with a eucalyptus note and a hint of light milky sandalwood. It's not a sweet scent, but it does have just a smidgen of sweetness. I like it; it's different.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 to 4 out of 5



Sunflower Meadow

Notes: Summer sunflowers in full bloom

This smells like jasmine with maybe a hint of neroli. It's not a warm, rich, musky honeysuckle scent like Amber Petals, and it's different from their old Honeysuckle Bouquet scent. It also has a little bitterness that makes it more authentic and not as perfumey. I don't normally like that bitter note, but it's subtle and doesn't detract from the scent. I like this one.

Throw: Bold, 5 out of 5, a scent monster that took over the house



Tangerine & White Musk

Notes: Fresh citrus burst of grapefruit and tangerine with lavender and white musk

This is an orange scent with some notes in the background that I don't like. I don't smell musk or anything perfumey at all. It's like orange mixed with peach and something a little bitter or sour, but not sour in a good way like satsuma. Looking at the scent notes, the bitterness is the grapefruit. And I don't smell lavender at all. Actually now that I know it's in there, maybe I do detect it a little, but it doesn't work well at all with the bitterness of the grapefruit.

Throw: Strong, 4 out of 5



Warm Cookies

Notes: Sweet milk, creamy butter & vanilla

Super rich vanilla cookies with maybe a hint of brown sugar and smidgen of marshmallow. It's a sweet scent, but not overly sweet, and it's even a little salty, like the butter that makes it rich. It's different from other vanilla cookie scents I've smelled, and I thought I detected a smidgen of chocolate, although it's not in the scent notes.

Throw: Medium, 3 to 3.5 out of 5



Water Lily & Bergamot

Notes: Clean water lily and bergamot

A nice green slightly zesty scent with a hint of a cologne note and perhaps a smidgen of a floral undertone. It's similar to White Sage & Eucalyptus, but that scent is more peppery and this one is sweeter and with the cologne and slight floral note. I like this one more.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 to 4 out of 5



White Sage & Eucalyptus

Notes: Sage and eucalyptus intermingled with lime and aromatic black pepper

A zesty herbal scent with a slight peppery note and a smidgen of mint. I guess the mint is the eucalyptus. There's a slight savory note which I guess is the sage, but it's an herbal savory note. Looking at the scent notes, I do detect the lime, which is the zestiness. It's more herbal than zesty. I like it. It's very similar to Water Lily & Bergamot, but this scent is more peppery and that scent is a little sweet and with a cologne note. 

Throw: Strong, 4 out of 5



Wood Shop

Notes: Fresh cut wood, sweet leather and cologne

I love this scent! It's men's cologne with raw wood and mesquite (salty smoky woodsiness). It's not a real wood shop type scent, as that would have that raw pencil shavings type wood note. And it's not a smoky campfire type scent. It's like a combination of men's cologne and ScentSationals Smoked Birch (or AmbiEscents Aspen Birch, same scent). Looking at the notes, I don't smell leather although it could be way in the background.

Throw: Medium, 3 to 3.5 out of 5



Want to discuss this review and other store bought wax? Just join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/scentedwaxretail.

Also, I offer a FREE review service for U.S. wax melt companies (retail, indie/vendor, and direct sales), where I review and promote your wax melts on this website (6,500 new visitors per month), YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. It's a great way to promote your brand and get more customers! If interested, just leave a comment below with your contact info, or under my video on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.