Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Scentsy Bar Reviews - December 2017 - Part 2 of 2

Scentsy Bar Reviews - December 2017 - Part 2 of 2

Scentsy Bar Reviews
Click to enlarge
Video


This Scentsy bar review is a bit different from my usual Scentsy reviews. I'd like to focus a little on the seller first: Carrie Mamulski. Carrie joined Scentsy in 2013 and is now a "Star Consultant". She hosts Scentsy parties, and although she is located in New Jersey, she ships anywhere in the U.S. Carrie loves Scentsy and enjoys sharing it. She always tries to throw in something extra with each order. And if you buy warmers from her, she will replace their bulbs for free as needed. Just a little extra gesture to show her appreciation!

So yes, you can buy Scentsy from any Scentsy rep, but it's nice to deal with someone who is completely knowledgeable about the product, provides great customer service and quick shipping, and goes the extra mile for her customers.

Carrie Mamulski's Scentsy page is https://carriemamulski.scentsy.us.

This is part 2 of 2 of Scentsy review scent starting with M to V. I reviewed scents starting with B to L in October (link is below).

 My other Scentsy reviews (so far) can be found at:
- http://www.scentedwaxmeltreviews.com/2017/10/scentsy-bar-reviews-october-2017-1.html
- http://www.scentedwaxreviews.com/2017/10/scentsy-bar-reviews-september-2017.html
- http://www.scentedwaxreviews.com/2017/06/scentsy-wax-bars-reviews-june-2017.html
- http://www.scentedwaxreviews.com/2016/06/scentsy-wax-bars-reviews.html
- http://www.scentedwaxreviews.com/2016/05/scentsy-wax-bars-review-from-user-not-seller.html



Mariposa Lily

Notes: Mariposa lily blooms with sugar apple and pineapple slices

A creamy fruity floral. I can't tell if it's strawberry or apple or some other kind of fruit. It's not overly sweet and not perfumey at all. Nice and subtle. Looking at the scent notes, I don't smell pineapple at all.

Throw: Good, 3 out of 5



Painted Leaves

Notes: Blue spruce, red maple and golden woods

Pine with a hint of woodsiness and a smidgen of mint. Very nice scent! Looking at the notes, I don't know why mint is not listed; I definitely smell mint, and it has a sinus clearing effect. There's a note in this one that makes it smell just a bit different from other pine scents, but I can't figure out what that note is. It's not a biting pine, there's no eucalyptus, and there are no smoky notes at all. Maybe it's the red maple and golden woods.

Throw: Excellent, 4 out of 5



Passion Fruit Colada

Notes: Honeydew and passion fruit surge with sugarcane

This smells like a lot of their other warm perfumey slightly fruity creamy blackberry type scents. Not that I'm complaining; this smells great, but I have like 6 other Scentsy scents that smell almost exactly like it. This doesn't have a colada or tropical note, which I expected based on the scent name. Looking at the scent notes, yes I think I do detect honeydew melon. And when melted, I think I detect a barely noticeable smidgen of coconut.

Throw: Good, 3 out of 5



Peach & White Amber

Notes: Deep floral notes and earthy, provocative amber

Fantastic warm ambery perfumey type scent, but it's not overly sweet or perfumey. I think I smell a hint of gardenia or jasmine. I definitely smell a sweet creamy vanilla. And maybe a smidgen of a fruit note which I assume is peach, although if I didn't know that, I wouldn't be able to tell what kind of fruit. And maybe a barely detectable hint of woods which is the amber (a warm woodsy note). Looking at the scent notes, hmm, no peach? Melted, I do smell more of a fruit note and this scent takes on a bit of a creamy fruity vibe.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Persian Lime & Sandalwood

Notes: Tangy kaffir lime, cultured by earthy notes and an urbane touch of sandalwood

A nice fresh clean men's cologne scent. I don't actually smell lime.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Pink Haze

Notes: A sweet confection of berries, nectarines and vanilla-laced whipped cream nestled in marshmallow fondant.

This is weak on cold sniff and smells like pink sugar, that very sweet cotton candy like perfumey scent with a hint of berry. But it's more subtle than pink sugar, and not as cloyingly sweet, with maybe a bit of vanilla marshmallow and a hint of floral.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Pretty & Plum

Notes: Red plum gets pasty-perfect with black coconut and sweet cream.

Rich vanilla cake. On cold sniff I also smell a little bit of a sweet berry filling that smells like blueberries and blackberries, but I don't really smell the fruit when melted. I also smell coconut on cold sniff, which I also don't really smell when melted. It's quite nice!

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Quiet Grove

Notes: Bergamot, jasmine and sandalwood

I can't figure this one out, but I like it. It smells kind of like a body wash, sort of fresh and maybe with a smidgen of floral and lemon. Looking at the scent notes, bergamot makes sense as that's a base for a lot of fresh body wash and cologne scents (although this is not really a cologne scent). Jasmine is the floral (although it's not a sweet floral so I would not have known it was jasmine per se). And sandalwood, yes I guess there is a subtle light woods note.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Sea Salt & Avocado

Notes: Pink sea salt, Valencia orange and creamy avocado

It's very weak on cold sniff, and I just smell a bland green scent. But melted, it's a fresh green scent with a hint of grapefruit and a little bit of creaminess. It's fresh with just a hint of sweetness. Looking at the scent notes, the grapefruit I'm smelling is actually orange, although this is not an orange scent. It's an unusual mix of notes that actually work quite well together.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Silver Bells

Notes: Minty candy canes with pear, in a blanket of caramel and vanilla sugar.

Very nice warm perfumey scent, similar to Scentsy Luna, with a minty note, and perhaps a slight blackberry note. OK looking at the scent notes, it's pear, not blackberry. I really like this scent!

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Sweet Pea & Vanilla

Notes: Raspberries and sweet pea petals with vanilla

This is definitely a sweet pea scent, and I do detect the slight foodie quality of sweet vanilla that adds a bit of richness to this scent. I like this one. Looking at the scent notes, yes now I do detect a hint of berry although it's subtle. When melted, I definitely smell the raspberry note, which gives this a little bit of a berry candy vibe. And the vanilla gives it a smidgen of a caramel note. I really like this one, and the scent on cold sniff does not do it justice!

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Toasted Coconut Amaretto

Notes: Praline cream, almond and just a hint of anise

Yum! I smell almond and sweet amaretto liquor (amaretto has a hint of cherry in it), with maybe a creamy vanilla. Coconut is in the scent name, but not in the notes, although I think I do smell it just a little on cold sniff (but not when melted). I don't smell anise at all though (which is good). When melted, the cherry note really comes out, and it becomes more of a perfect blend of maraschino cherry, almond, and a bit of sweet creamy vanilla.

I believe the fragrance oil Serendipity consists of almond, cherry and coconut notes, but I'm not a fan of Serendipity scents, so while this scent might share some of those notes, it's quite different. I really like this one!

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Very Merry Cranberry

Notes: Red winter berries pop against a backdrop of snow-covered cedar

Fantastic sweet cranberry scent, almost a little candy-like. I think I also detect a smidgen of peppermint, cinnamon and cloves, but all very subtle. Looking at the scent notes, okay I think I do smell cedar. But I definitely smell peppermint, although it's not very strong and has a mild sinus clearing effect. I really thought I smelled cinnamon and cloves, but maybe not.

Throw: Excellent, 5 out of 5, a scent monster that took over the whole house.



I offer a FREE review service for U.S. wax melt companies (retail, indie/vendor, and direct sales), where I review and promote your wax melts on this website (6,500 new visitors per month), YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. It's a great way to promote your brand and get more customers! If interested, just leave a comment below with your contact info, or under my video on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.