Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Scentsy Bar Reviews - September 2017

Scentsy Bar Reviews - September 2017

Scentsy Bars Wax Melts Reviews
Click to enlarge

Video:


Berry of Paradise

Notes: Sugared strawberry, bird of paradise and vanilla bean

I smell strawberry with maybe a honeydew melon note, and a smidgeon of tropical and floral. Looking at the scent notes, bird of paradise is a flower that has a tropical scent, which is where I'm getting that slight tropical note.

Throw: Good, 3 out of 5



Cherry Almond Pie

Notes: Graham crackers, sweet almond, cream, and cherries

This is super strong on cold sniff. OMG it smells incredible, just like almond and maraschino cherry, with a sweet rich creamy vanilla note. This is different from the well-known vendor scent "Serendipity", which is generally just cherry and coconut, sometimes with orange added, occasionally with almond added. This scent smells better to me than Serendipity.

Throw: Excellent, 4 or maybe 5 out of 5



Clothesline

Notes: Crisp greens, orange flower, creamy violet and a hint of white wicker basket

I love this scent! It's a sweet fabric softener scent, but not overly "laundryish". It's also rich and warm, with maybe a slight berry note and maybe even a smidgeon of lemon. It's very similar to the Downy Unstopables "Spring" wax melt, which I reviewed at http://www.scentedwaxreviews.com/2017/03/downy-unstopables-wax-melts-review.html. Looking at the scent notes, it's the orange flower that I probably think is the berry and lemon. When I sniffed the melting wax from up close, it cleared my sinuses, but it's not a minty scent at all. So I think it's the chemical combination that cleared my sinuses, which freaked me out a little. If you like this scent but can't find it, check out the Downy version at Walmart. It's $3.97, so cheaper than Scentsy (which is now $6.00). And the Downy version was a scent monster that took over the entire house.

Throw: Excellent, 4 out of 5



Cranberry Garland

Notes: Sweet-tart cranberry, grounded by sage and earthy pine cones

On cold sniff I smell sweet cranberry with just a hint of tartness, mixed with a little bit of pine. When melted, the cranberry is definitely the predominant scent, but I still smell a smidgen of pine. Very nice scent!

Throw: Excellent, 4 out of 5



Huckleberry & Clementine


Notes: Huckleberry preserves, clementine and a sprig of strawberry vine

Fantastic scent, similar to Scentsy Luna with that sweet plum/blackberry note and a warm slightly perfumey cashmere note, but this scent has a much stronger sweet fruity plum/blackberry note and is much more rich, dark and intense. Looking at the scent notes, yes, I do smell strawberry. Clementine is a citrus scent that smells like tangerine rind with a floral note, but I don't smell any citrus in this scent.

Throw: Excellent, 4 or 5 out of 5



Jumpin' Jelly Bean

Notes: Apple, pear, lemon, and lime melange

This smells like sweet honeydew melon flavored candy. I also smell pear or maybe a little bit of apple. Looking at the scent notes, I'm surprised I don't see melon. I don't smell lemon or lime on cold sniff, although when melted maybe there's a smidgen. This doesn't smell like jelly beans to me, although it's a nice scent. It's nice on cold sniff, but it's fantastic when melted!

Throw: Excellent, 4 out of 5



Mandarin Toffee Treat

Notes: Sugared mandarin and sugar cane drizzled with creamy toffee butter

A sweet creamy orange, like an orange creamsicle, with caramely butterscotch toffee drizzled on top. Scrumptious

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5.



Marshmallow Mint

Notes: Buttermint, marshmallow and amber

Just like the scent name, this is a lovely rich marshmallow scent with a peppermint note. It's not overly minty or sickeningly sweet.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Mellow Moment

Notes: Chamomile tea leaves sweetened with a touch of apple and orange blossom.

A nice warm sunflower type floral scent with a little bit of a soapy note and an iced tea note. It's not overly sweet, and in fact it has a tiny bit of a bitter note (but not in a bad way). Looking at the scent notes, I guess the orange blossom is the floral note, although it doesn't smell like orange blossom per se (which is more of a neroli type scent). And there's the tea. I don't smell apple at all.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Orange Dreamsicle

Notes: A classic combination of fresh orange, swirled with vanilla cream

On cold sniff I wasn't sure about this one, since it smelled fake with a bit of a chemical note. But it smelled better melted. It does smell like an orange creamsicle, although not as sweet and creamy as, and a bit more tangy than, similar scents I've smelled from other companies. It smells a little more like powdered orange drink mix.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Peony Petals

Notes: Peony, rose petals, and soft breeze

A nice authentic floral scent with maybe a rose note and a little bit of a floral body wash note.

Throw: Good, 3 out of 5



Spring Symphony

Notes: Hyacinth, coconut water, violet leaf and soft musk

Light spring flowers with a slightly perfumey note but also a slightly grassy note to temper the sweetness a bit, and a hint of a fresh air note and perhaps a smidgen of coconut. Looking at the scent notes, the soft musk is the perfume note, and there's the coconut water. Melted, I detect a hint of fruit like honeydew melon.

Throw: Good, 3 out of 5



Tahitian Black Orchid

Notes: Black plums blend with coconut milk and black orchids, with white roses.

This smells like a very sweet blackberry with vanilla and a little bit of a floral note. Nice scent. Looking at the scent notes, the fruit is plum, not blackberry. I do smell the floral note a little, but not rose.

Throw: Poor, 1 out of 5, and within an hour I put my nose a few inches from the warmer and the scent was almost gone and replaced with just a waxy scent.



Woodland Suede

Notes: Red oak, smoky cedar, suede musk and bright winter lemon

I smell pine along with a sort of smoky note and a smidgen of a warm cologne note way in the background, and a hint of some kind of savory note that I can't put my finger on. Looking at the scent notes, I don't smell lemon. I love pine scents, but the savory note in this one smells a little like bread to me, so it's not my favorite pine scent.

Throw: Good, 3 out of 5



I offer a FREE review service for U.S. wax melt companies (retail, indie/vendor, and even direct sales), where I review and promote your wax melts on my website (4,500+ new visitors per month), YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. It's a great way to promote your brand and get more customers! If interested, just leave a comment below with your contact info, or under my video on YouTube.

If you're a direct sales wax rep (such as Scentsy, Pink Zebra, PartyLite, CountryScents, etc.), I can promote your particular website, Facebook page or group, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.