Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Better Homes & Gardens Wax Melts Reviews - Spring 2018 (Part 1)

Better Homes & Gardens Wax Melts Reviews - Spring 2018 (Part 1)

Better Homes & Gardens Wax Melts - Spring 2018
Click to enlarge

Video


This is a review of the new Walmart Better Homes & Gardens scented wax melts Spring 2018 scents. The rest of the new Better Homes & Gardens scents had not yet arrived at my local Walmarts at the time of this review, but they finally did in June 2018, and I reviewed them at http://www.scentedwaxmeltreviews.com/2018/06/better-homes-gardens-wax-melts-reviews-spring-2018-2.html.



Cucumber Melon Sorbet

Notes: Sliced summer, garden cucumber washes over juicy watermelon, sugared casaba and sweet honeydew swirled with a dash of luscious, white pear.

I'm not a fan of cucumber or melon scents (unless it's a very sweet watermelon), so I don't care for this scent, although it's quite fresh and summery. It smells almost exactly like ScentSationals Cucumber Melon that's been around for a few years. But that scent was mostly melon with a cucumber note, and a smidgen of floral, and it was on the sweet side. This scent is more cucumber with melon, and the melon is kind of a cantaloupe rather than watermelon, so although it's a little sweet, it also has that bland watery cucumber note and the very slight smidgen of sourness from the cantaloupe (although it's not a sour scent at all). So although I don't like either scent, if I had to choose, I prefer ScentSationals Cucumber Melon.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 to 4 out of 5



Ginger Berry Margarita

I smell ginger and a sweet berry note, but there's something in the background that I don't care for, a slightly sour or bitter note that may in fact be the ginger. It's a little sweet, but not sweet enough, and I think it has too much of the soapy ginger note and not enough berry.

Throw: Very faint, 2 out of 5



Jamaican Rum Gelato

This smells heavenly! It smells like sweet rich butterscotch, maple and brown sugar with rum. And I can definitely smell the rum. It has a little bit of a creamy French vanilla note as well. Fantastic! When melted, it's VERY rich, almost nauseatingly so, so it's best suited for a very large room.

Throw: Strong, 4 out of 5



Mango Sorbet Limoncello

A very lemony scent, sweet with a very slightly salty note. It's not a kitchen lemon or a lemonade lemon, but maybe a bit of a bakery lemon, like a slightly sweet sponge cake soaked with lemon juice (although I don't actually smell cake notes). It's not the same as ScentSationals Iced Lemon Sugar Cookies or Better Homes & Gardens Iced Lemon Poundcake (both of those are much sweeter, with more bakery notes and less lemon). I only smell the lemon, not the mango, although I think I smell just a smidgen of mango on cold sniff only. I love lemon scents, and I really like this one. This is not the same scent as the new AmbiEscents Italian Limoncello or the ScentSationals Limoncello Popsicle Fusion.

Throw: Strong, 4 out of 5



Meyer Lemon Basil

Fantastic rich zesty lemon scent with a bit of a savory note. I don't smell basil per se, maybe more of a little oregano? And there's just a smidgen of sweetness to keep it from being too savory. Melted, it has a grapefruit note too. Some people have said this smells like celery, although I don't smell that.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 to 4 out of 5



Pineapple Melon Freeze

This may be a dupe of several older ScentSationals and Better Homes & Gardens tropical scents. I smell pineapple and other tropical fruits, but it's not sweet at all. It has a waxy, very slightly sour note. I do detect the melon note as well, which smells like cantaloupe rather than watermelon or honeydew. It's an interesting scent although I'm not really a fan, but it's bringing back some memories... oh wait, it's the same scent as ScentSationals Tropical Fiesta! Which is one of the first scents I melted when I started getting into wax melts several years ago.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 out of 5



Red Lava Citrus

Notes: Tropical fruits and sugared citrus burst with hints of bright red currant and blood orange fused with lemon leaf and hints of musk.

I like this one, but I think it might be too intense for a lot of people. It smells a lot like ScentSationals Molten Orange, which is an intense orange scent, but this scent is even more intense, a little sour and less orangey, like satsuma. It smells more like an older scent from 2014 or 2015 I believe, called Better Homes & Gardens Valencia Blood Orange, although that scent was more intense and even less orangey than this one. So I'd say Red Lava Citrus is somewhere between Molten Orange and Valencia Blood Orange.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 to 4 out of 5



Summer Strawberry Mimosa

Notes: Sweet summer strawberries, sun-ripe raspberries and island sugarcane are blended with hints of fresh cut pineapple and sparkling French champagne

This smells almost exactly like last year's ScentSationals Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie. They're both sweet pineapple strawberry scents, and although this scent is more pineapple than strawberry, it's less pineappley than Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie. It's a sweet, yummy, refreshing combination, and it does smell like a smoothie, or a sweet pineapple strawberry hard candy. This is a fun, happy scent!

Throw: Medium, 3 to 3.5 out of 5



Vanilla Bean Buttercream

This is a fantastic vanilla cookie scent. I don't think it's a dupe of any other ScentSationals or Better Homes & Gardens vanilla scents. It's similar to Better Homes & Gardens Vanilla Cookie Crunch, but without the nutty note. Smelling them side by side, the Vanilla Bean Buttercream scent smells like it has a hint of white chocolate in it and maybe also a barely detectable smidgen of coconut (although I don't smell coconut at all when melted). This is a good mixer, the way Vanilla Cookie Crunch is, especially since this is a stronger thrower than Vanilla Cookie Crunch.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 to 4 out of 5



White Tahitian Woods

I smell coconut, cashmere/amber for warmth, musk perfume, and a hint of rich fruit like blackberry or plum. It's a fantastic scent with a slight tropical note. There may also be a smidgen of vanilla, but despite the scent name, this is not a vanilla scent. It smells like a rich body cream, and I love it! I've heard it smells like Bath & Body Works Waikiki Coconut. The first time I melted it, throw was medium, 3 out of 5. But the second time it was much stronger (so many variables can affect throw).

Throw: Strong, 3.5 to 4 out of 5



Strawberry Pretzel Bars

Notes: Fresh sliced summer strawberries stirred with cane sugar and sweet vanilla infused whipped cream atop a rich butter and salted pretzel crust

I don't think this one will be available in melts, but it smells so good that I bought the candle and scraped the wax out to melt in my warmer. It's a super rich, sweet creamy strawberry scent with a little bit of saltiness. I don't smell pretzels per se, like no bready note, but the saltiness gives it an extra richness that makes this scent so fantastic.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 to 4 out of 5



Want to discuss this review and other store bought wax? Just join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/scentedwaxretail.

Also, I offer a FREE review service for U.S. wax melt companies (retail, indie/vendor, and direct sales), where I review and promote your wax melts on this website (8,500+ new visitors per month), YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. It's a great way to promote your brand and get more customers! If interested, just leave a comment below with your contact info, or under my video on YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. looking for better homes sparkling berry garland wax cubes

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been discontinued. You might find someone selling it on Amazon or eBay, but it will be very expensive. Better yet, join our Facebook group. Someone in the group might want to get rid of theirs (sell, trade, or give away)! https://www.facebook.com/groups/scentedwaxretail

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.