Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Kohl's Sonoma Scented Wax Melts Reviews - Spring 2018

Kohl's Sonoma Scented Wax Melts Reviews - January 2018


Video


Kohl's Sonoma spring/summer wax melts came out very early this year, in mid-December! All of these scents use their soft, messy wax formula rather than their hard wax. I find that their soft wax often doesn't throw as well as the hard wax, although these performed very well.



Blue Hawaiian

Notes: Pineapple juice, maraschino cherry and coconut cream

This is a harsh tropical scent. I smell pineapple and coconut, and I think the harshness is black cherry. Looking at the scent notes, they're spot on. I would like this scent more if the cherry were not so intense; I don't mind harsh cherry scents, but mixed with the pineapple it's just too much.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 out of 5



Coconut Melon

Notes: Coconut, grapefruit and melon

This is a nice slightly zesty tropical fruit scent that smells a bit like grapefruit but not bitter, and a little bit of coconut. I also smell the melon note. I like it because of the zestiness.

Throw: Medium, 3 to 3.5 out of 5



Coconut Mojito

Notes: Coconut, strawberries and mint

This smells a little like the Sea Salt Sands scent. I smell lime but it's not as strong as the Sea Salt Sands lime. I also smell coconut. And also a little bit of a berry note. It's a nice rich clean scent with a hint of zestiness. Looking at the scent notes, I don't smell mint at all, and the strawberry is probably the fruit scent I smell, although I don't smell strawberry per se.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 out of 5



Lush Island Palm

Notes: Palm leaves, jungle rose and cool musk

I smell the palm (a slightly tropical woodsy note), a smidgen of coconut, and maybe a bit of zesty lemon (I think it's part of the palm note though). It's not a sweet scent at all, although I think there's a barely detectable smidgen of a cologne note, but I don't smell that cologne note at all when melted. It's a nice scent, but a bit too savory for me, a little like a pickled artichoke. A little sweetness or more lemon might help

Throw: Strong, 3.5 out of 5



Mango Margarita

Notes: Mango nectar, blood orange and fresh lime juice

This smells like orange, grapefruit, and a little bit of zesty lemon. It's a nice fresh thirst-quenching summer scent.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 out of 5



Sea Salt Sands

Notes: Citrus, coconut and vanilla

I smell sweet lime and coconut, and a bit of a fresh note in the background. It's a nice, fresh, summery scent.

Throw: Mild, 2.5 out of 5.



Tahitian Pineapple

Notes: Pineapple, mango and sugarcane

It's pineapple. There might also be a hint of a tropical fruit in there with a very slight sour/bitter note, but not enough to be annoying.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 out of 5



Tropical Rainforest

Notes: Bamboo, citrus zest and oakmoss

On cold sniff, this is a green woodsy scent with a slight palm note (palm is a woodsy, nutty, slightly waxy scent) and maybe a hint of coconut. There's also a smidgen of a sweet body wash type note way in the background (palm does sometimes have a soapy note). Melted, it's a fresh woodsy scent with a cologne note (but it's not overly sweet or cologney). Looking at the scent notes, I don't detect citrus. I really like this one.

Throw: Strong, 3.5 out of 5



Vanilla Teakwood

Notes: Vanilla, cocoa beans and teakwood

This has a light beachy sandalwood note with maybe a hint of coconut, a smidgen of vanilla, and maybe a tiny hint of a green note. It's not like ScentSationals Vanilla Woods, which I was kind of expecting based on the scent name. There's a very slight cologne note and a smidgen of smokiness perhaps, on cold sniff, but I don't smell either of those notes when melted. When melted, I also detect a bit of patchouli with that slight hint of a chocolate note. It's a nice scent. Looking at the notes, okay it actually IS chocolate, not patchouli (patchouli sometimes has a bit of a chocolate note).

Throw: Strong, 3.5 to 4 out of 5



Watermelon Sangria

Notes: Watermelon, raspberry and fresh lemon zest

On cold sniff this is a nice sweet watermelon candy scent with a slight lime note. Looking at the scent notes, the lime I'm smelling is probably the lemon and raspberry. Now that I know it's raspberry, I think I do detect that. Melted, I just smell a fake watermelon scent. It's still a nice scent, but it smells better on cold sniff.

Throw: Mild, 3 out of 5



Want to discuss this review and other store bought wax? Just join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/scentedwaxretail.

Also, I offer a FREE review service for U.S. wax melt companies (retail, indie/vendor, and direct sales), where I review and promote your wax melts on this website (6,500 new visitors per month), YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. It's a great way to promote your brand and get more customers! If interested, just leave a comment below with your contact info, or under my video on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.