Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Scentsy Wax Bars Reviews – June 2017

Scentsy Wax Bars Review - June 2017

Scentsy Wax Bars Review - June 2017
Click to enlarge

Watch video below:



This is my third Scentsy review. You can see my other two Scentsy reviews HERE and HERE. I don't know if these scents are current, or older and discontinued.


Banana Berry
"Slightly tart and definitely juicy red strawberries jumbled with yellow bananas and luscious bavarian cream."

I didn't include this in my video review since I didn't have it at the time. On cold sniff I smell bananas and berries mixed together (strawberry I think), but mostly the banana. It's a fake banana scent, not authentic, which is okay because it smells great, like sweet banana berry candy. There might also be vanilla in this one as it has a creamy, rich note. Looking at the scent notes, there's the cream.

Throw: None, 0 out of 5, even close up with my nose practically in the wax. The heat sapped all the fragrance pretty much immediately. Maybe I got an old one.


Blue Christmas
"Fresh fir needles in aromatic orange essence, with cloves and cinnamon."

A subtle blue spruce scent, not a biting pine scent. I detect a barely noticeable smidgeon of cinnamon in the background. I don't smell any orange although there may be a smidgeon of a pomander note. This scent has kind of a salty note that makes it smell a little like Play-Doh, or a sage-y note that smells a little like sausage spice. I'm not crazy about it.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5


Cambridge
"Sweet lemon and pine needles mixed with an intriguing dash of vetiver."

I smell vanilla and baby powder and oriental perfume spices and a little bit of men's cologne. It's a very nice, classy scent. Looking at the scent notes, I don't smell any pine in this at all, not a smidgeon. If I try really hard maybe I might detect lemon but if I didn't know it was in the scent notes I wouldn't. Vetiver is a common note in men's cologne, so that makes sense.

Throw: Not good, around a 2 or 2.5 out of 5, so would be better in smaller room.


Casting Spells
"A bewitching blend of apple drizzle, roasted pears and cinnamon bark."

This is a caramely pear scent with another note I can't figure out, almost like a woodsy clove note in the background. Looking at the scent notes, I don't smell cinnamon at all. This is very similar to an older Scentsy scent, "Caramel Pear Crisp" (which I reviewed before), but not exactly the same. It's very rich but almost has a slightly burnt quality.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5.


Cherry Vanilla
"Candied cherry and sugared almonds folded into velvety white chocolate ice cream."

I didn't include this in my video review since I didn't have it at the time. Fantastic scent! It smells like maraschino cherry scented men's cologne, with vanilla for richness and maybe amber because it's a warm scent. It's not actually a men's cologne scent, but it has that sweet alcohol note from men's cologne, so maybe more like a perfume scent. It's not a foodie scent at all. Looking at the scent notes, the richness is probably from the white chocolate, although I don't detect chocolate notes in this at all. I also don't smell almond. After a few hours, it seemed like the alcohol note got stronger and it started smelling a bit like rubbing alcohol and got annoying.

Throw: Excellent, 4 out of 5


Clean Breeze
"White florals with a touch of spring; this is the scent of fresh, clean laundry."

A sweet floral fabric softener or dryer sheet type scent. It's not a harsh laundry detergent scent. Very nice and fresh!

Throw: Excellent, at least a 4 out of 5


Enchanted Mist
"Rose petals, sweet candy apples, and jasmine."

Pleasant fresh air floral with maybe a smidgeon of apple, like an apple blossom. Looking at the scent notes, I don't think I smell rose.

Throw: Fair, 2.5 or 3 out of 5, so best suited for a smaller room.


Fuzzy Blanket
"Lavender, sandalwood, and sweet honeysuckle."

I smell lavender first, and maybe a floral note, but there's some other note I can't figure out, maybe some kind of wood? I guess the floral is honeysuckle but it doesn't smell like honeysuckle to me on cold sniff. But melted, the floral is sweeter.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5.


Ivy & Water Lily
"Mandarin zest, rain-kissed jasmine and sheer amber beneath fresh dew drops."

This is a lovely fresh floral scent with a smidgeon of lemon that makes it smell like authentic flower petals. It's not overly sweet. Looking at the scent notes I see mandarin, which is orange. I don't smell orange at all, although it might be the lemon I detect.

Throw: Not good, around a 2 or 2.5 out of 5


Lavender & White Balsam
"Lavender freshened by wintry white balsam and crisp amber."

Fantastic scent! I smell lavender first, then a slightly smoky spruce (not a biting pine note).

Throw: Excellent, at least a 4 or 4.5 out of 5.


Lemon Sorbet
"Fresh-cut lemon and grapefruit zest sweetened by sugarcane."

A sweet lemon with a kick, this one has that biting "fake" lemon note, but in a good way, since that's the kind of lemon you smell in lemon candies, lemon sorbet, etc. It's a bright, fresh sweet lemon scent. Looking at the scent notes, I don't smell grapefruit but that's probably the biting almost bitter note I'm detecting.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5


Mystic Magnolia
"Creamy lemony vanilla with sweet and spicy rosewood is brought together with smooth amber and fresh herbal green leaves."

A floral but not too sweet, actually has a bitter note that makes it smell authentic. But also smells a little like a men's body wash, so it's kind of a "masculine" floral. Looking at the scent notes, I don't smell lemon, but  real magnolia petals do have a slightly lemony note.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5


Rio Beach
"The scent of sun, surf, sand and samba – coconut milk, tropical fruit, and tonka bean."

This smells like buttery coconut vanilla, but not really a foodie scent as there's another note in there I can't figure out, maybe sandalwood or a smidgeon of baby powder or floral, and maybe even a slightly nutty note. Looking at the scent notes, there's the coconut milk and tonka bean (a type of vanilla). I don't really smell fruit, although that's probably the other note I couldn't figure out. It's not a typical tropical scent.

Throw: Excellent, 4 out of 5.


Route 66
"An exhilirating breeze of citrus, herbs, and musk."

This smells like an outdoorsy men's body wash, natural and a little spicy. Looking at the scent notes, I don't smell citrus.

Throw: Good, around a 3 out of 5


Strawberry Swirl
"Blissfully sweet and creamy, Strawberry Swirl whips together frozen strawberry, frothy milk and vanilla."

This is the richest, sweetest, creamiest strawberry ice cream scent I've ever smelled. I want to take a bite of the bar! It's like an intense rich sweet buttercream scent with sweet rich strawberry preserves folded in, and creamy milky whipped cream on top.

Throw: Scent monster, 5 out of 5 and took over the whole house


Summer Sunshine
"Pineapple and coconut bask in a warm mandarin glow."

I didn't include this in my video review since I didn't have it at the time. I can't figure out the notes in this one, but it smells great. Creamy and sweet, maybe a little coconut, maybe a little fruity, a little honeydew melon perhaps, and maybe a smidgeon of lemon and perhaps a bit of amber for warmth? This smells like a rich summery perfume. Looking at the scent notes, the pineapple is the fruitiness (although it doesn't smell like pineapple at all to me, which is good as I don't like pineapple scents), mandarin (which is basically orange) is probably the lemon I detect, and there's the coconut.

Throw: Excellent, at least 4 or 4.5 out of 5, and scent lasted all day (although throw not as strong after about 4 hours, which is very good!)


Wassail Wonderland
"Orange zest, lemon peel and cinnamon stick over fresh fir needles."

A fantastic combination of blue spruce with a smidgeon of orange or lemon I think, and maybe a smidgeon of spices. But this is not really a pomander scent, which is orange and cloves, a scent I don't like. I've always liked the combination of pine and orange or pine and lemon.

Throw: Excellent, at least 4 out of 5


World Traveler
"Blackberry, dark pomegranate and oak bark inspire adventure."

A subtle men's cologne or body wash scent, not overly sweet and not too "cologney". There may be sandalwood in there to give it more of a "natural" vibe. Looking at the scent notes, I don't detect any fruit in this scent. It's very similar to a lot of other men's cologne or body wash type scents that I have.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.