Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Goose Creek Candle Wax Melts Reviews

Goose Creek Candle Wax Melts Reviews

This is a review of new Goose Creek Candle Wax Melts, which can be found at http://www.goosecreekcandle.com

Goose Creek Candle Wax Melts
Click to enlarge

Video:



Autumn

Notes: Top - Tea Leaves, Harvest Spices; Mid - Orange Blossom, Crunchy Leaves; Base - Birch Leaves, Light Cinnamon

This is a perfect fall scent. It's apple cider with some mulling spices, and a bit of that musty sour note of crunchy leaves or old apples that have fallen to the ground (but not really in a bad way, and the sour note is not too strong). Looking at the scent notes, no apple? Apple is mostly what I'm smelling! I do smell the spices, but I don't smell tea or orange blossom.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Autumn in Amsterdam

Notes: Top - Bright Citrus, Apple, Black Currant; Mid - Blackberry Woods; Base - Light Spice, Sandalwood

This is a nice warm ambery perfumey or cologney scent with sweet vanilla and maybe a hint of some kind of berry. It smells a little like the Jingle Bells scent, but this one is definitely a perfumey scent. It's more like woman's perfume, but there's also that very slight alcohol note of men's cologne (but not in a bad way). Looking at the scent notes, the blackberry is the fruit note I'm detecting, which is why this smells a little bit like ScentSationals Blackberry Cider. Looking at the scent notes, I don't smell citrus or apple at all.

Throw: Good, 3 out of 5



Christmas Magic

Notes: Amber sweet mandarin and peppermint extract open this enchanting fragrance while crushed candy canes swirl with creamy vanilla and vanilla sugar.

This smells like hard peppermint candies, but also has a bit of a rich, full-bodied vanilla note. It's very pepperminty. Looking at the scent notes, I don't smell mandarin (orange) at all. This smells almost exactly like their Peppermint Snowflake scent from last year, but with much more peppermint.

Throw: Excellent, 4 out of 5



Cookies & Milk

Notes: Creamy dark chocolate notes with milk, caramel, hazelnut, creamy vanilla and sweet sugar

I smell sweet rich cookie dough with a subtle milk chocolate note (not a dark, bitter chocolate). This is slightly different from their Cookie Dough Bites scent, which is sweeter and a bit more chocolatey. I think this scent has a more milky vanilla note. Looking at the scent notes, I think I do smell a hint of nut, but not caramel. Melted, it's a yummy milky chocolate chip cookie scent.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Cool Harvest Morning

Notes: Top - Fresh Apple, Cool Autumn Mist; Mid - Apple Peels, Bright Bergamot; Base - Soft Sandalwood

On cold sniff I smell apple and a little bit of caramel and a bit of pine and fresh air. Melted, the sweet caramel really comes out and the scent becomes richer and more full-bodied. But it's not overly sweet, and not really a foodie scent either, because of a fresh pine note. Looking at the scent notes, I'm surprised I don't see pine, because I really do smell it, even though it's not strong. This is a fantastic, pleasant scent, and so much better when melted.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Jingle Bells

Notes: Enjoy light notes of pear, tangerine, apricot, sugar and creamy vanilla bean.

On cold sniff I smell sweet vanilla and pear, with a subtle note of anise, and maybe a smidgen of perfume. But melted, it's completely different. It's like a thick rich sweet vanilla and pear syrup with a marshmallowy note, and now I smell the apricot a bit. There's also something a little warm in there, not spicy warm, but like a cashmere or amber perfume warm, although this is not a perfumey scent. I don't smell anise at all when melted, and I don't smell tangerine either. This is such a unique scent, and I don't even know how to properly describe or classify it because even though I smell the pear and a bit of apricot, it's not really a fruity scent. It's not even a Christmas or winter scent, but I don't care. It's fantastic!

Throw: Excellent, 4 out of 5



Lemon Vanilla Cake Batter

Notes: Top - Warm Lemon Filling, Cake Batter; Mid - Vanilla Bean, Warm Butter; Base - Light Blueberry

This scent came out in March 2017 but it was sold out when I placed my order, so although it's not a new scent, I'm finally able to review it. It's a really nice lemon scent, tangy and authentic, but with sweet marshmallowy vanilla, although it's not overly sweet. It's not an overpowering lemon scent, definitely not a kitchen lemon, but not exactly bakery lemon either. Melted, it smells like rich buttery marshmallowy lemon, and I think I detect a very subtle barely noticeable coconut. Looking at the scent notes there's not coconut. But blueberry? Hmmm, maybe, but I wouldn't think blueberry if I didn't know it was in the scent notes. Either way, it's a delicious scent!

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Night Before Christmas

Notes: Bergamot, mandarin, and pine layered with caramel musk

I love this scent! It's pine perfume! I smell a fairly even mixture of pine and a sweet warm slightly soapy musky perfume scent, and maybe a smidgen of fruit. OMG I adore this scent! Looking at the scent notes, the mandarin is the fruit, although  I don't smell orange at all. Oh wait, the perfume note I'm smelling is orange "flower", as in neroli. Yes, I definitely smell neroli in here, which is a sweet, warm, almost honey like scent, and one of my favorite scents ever.

One of the members of my group pointed out that I described "A Christmas Story" the same way (http://www.scentedwaxreviews.com/2016/04/goose-creek-candle-scented-wax-melts.html). The notes for A Christmas Story are "a cool balsam scent with notes of pine, orange blossom, and caramel musk". A Christmas Story is definitely a smoky pine scent with a musty note, and that neroli/orange blossom is one of the notes, so maybe 75% pine and 25% neroli. But Night Before Christmas is more of an even mix of neroli/orange blossom and pine, without the smoky/musty note, and a little bit perfumey. I love them both!

Throw: Excellent, 5 out of 5, a scent monster that took over the entire house



Salted Caramel Cupcake

Notes: Top - Creamy Caramel, Warm Vanilla; Mid: Sea Salt, Whipped Frosting; Base: Fluffy Baked Cake

A yummy vanilla cake scent with a rich caramel/butterscotch note. It's not very salty, despite the name, which is kind of good because there are a lot of salty caramel scents out there.

Throw: Very Good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



White Icing Cinnamon Roll

Notes: Top - Sweet Cinnamon Sugar; Mid - Marshmallow Vanilla Icing; Base - Doughy Cinnamon Roll

This is the most authentic cinnamon roll scent I've ever smelled. It's very bready, just like the real thing. The cinnamon is realistic, rather than an over-the-top biting cinnamon scent. It's not overly sweet, and although I do smell a sweet vanilla note, I expected a rich buttercream note for the white icing. But that doesn't matter; there are already a lot of other scents out there like that. This scent is unique and realistic.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Winter Bayberry

Notes: Bayberry mixed with fresh pine, and light notes of citrus and cedar give this smell a refreshing tone.

This is a slightly perfumey scent with a fruity note, maybe peach, and a green type of clean note. Actually, I think it's apple I'm smelling. It doesn't smell like bayberry to me. Looking at the scent notes, I guess the bayberry is the fruity note, although I really do smell apple. And I do smell the cedar. I don't smell pine or citrus, although they could be way in the background. It's a nice scent, but not my favorite.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Want to discuss this review and other store bought wax? Just join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/scentedwaxretail.

And if you are a U.S. based wax company (retail or vendor) and would like me to review your scented wax melts, please leave a comment below, or on YouTube, with your company name and contact information. This website gets an average of 4,500 NEW visits per month in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.