Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Hobby Lobby DD Scented Wax Melts Reviews

Hobby Lobby DD Scented Wax Melts Reviews

Hobby Lobby DD Scented Wax Meltsv
Click to enlarge


Watch video below:


This is a review of some new DD Scented Wax Melts from Hobby Lobby. Although a couple of the new scents I found in June (which I reviewed at http://www.scentedwaxreviews.com/2017/06/hobby-lobby-dd-scented-wax-melts-review.html) used a new harder wax, the scents I'm reviewing below use the older wax which is still hard but has a slightly greasy surface. Hobby Lobby DD wax comes in many other scents, which I reviewed at http://www.scentedwaxreviews.com/2015/12/dd-hobby-lobby-wax-melts-review.html (although some of them have been discontinued).



Coriander & Cassis

Notes: Refreshing Coriander & Cassis

My Review: A fantastic classy berry scent that's not very sweet and has a slight bitter and soapy note, but in a good way. Cassis is a type of currant, similar to fig, with slight cedar, clove and patchouli notes. I definitely smell the cassis, which is the fruity note. Coriander is a a pungent soapy slightly citrusy scent that smells a little like pink peppercorns, and I definitely smell that here too. It smells like their older discontinued scent "Berry & Vanilla Burst", which also smells like Tuscany Candle's "Berry Bliss".

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Flower Shop

Notes: Fresh Cut Flowers & Citrus

My Review: A nice authentic flower scent (I think jasmine, rose, and other florals) with green notes. It's bitter and only slightly sweet, but the bitterness is what makes it smell authentic. It's not so bitter that I don't like it though. I don't smell citrus at all.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Garden

Note: Herb Garden with Mint

My Review: Pungent, savory and herby, like a salad. I smell green herbs like rosemary and sage, and a bit of zest like lemongrass perhaps. This smells almost exactly like Glade Sage & Thyme Market (and Glade Sunset Walk), although the Glade scent is slightly more zesty and I really like it. This scent, however, I don't care for.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Lavender & Sage

Notes: Fresh Lavender & Sage

My Review: On cold sniff this smells like bug spray to me. It's an artificial bitter lavender scent. But it smells much better melted, like eucalyptus and lavender.

Throw: Fair, 2.5 or 3 out of 5



Lemongrass Verbena

Notes: Lemongrass, Verbena, Crushed Spices

My Review: A fantastic scent, different from other lemongrass verbena scents I've smelled. Usually lemongrass verbena is a little harsh with kind of an industrial or mediciney note. This scent is still zesty but it smells like it has a smidgeon of floral or vanilla in it, which tempers any harshness.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Midnight Rendezvous

Notes: Cedarwood, Warm Musk, Freesia, Spice

My Review: Nice sweet laundry and men's cologne scent.

Throw: Not good, 2.5 out of 5



Palm Beach

Notes: Sandy Shore, Vanilla & Coconut

My Review: This is a nice sweet coconut scent without any fruity notes. It smells like there may be a bit of vanilla in it and perhaps a smidgeon of light wood like driftwood or sandalwood. Looking at the scent notes, they're spot on.

Throw: Excellent, 5 out of 5, a scent monster that took over the entire house!



Wind River Pine

Notes: Cool Water, Pine Needles & Spice

My Review: This is a nice smoky pine scent with maybe a hint of eucalyptus, but there's something else in there that makes this different from typical smoky pine scents, a smidgeon of milkiness or maybe vanilla, although this is not a sweet scent. The milky note softens the scent and makes it smell a bit like Better Homes & Gardens Winter's Sleigh Ride, but more smoky. It's a nice winter scent, and almost has a yummy foodie quality.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



I did not guy the Woodland Walk scent. It's a pine scent with maybe some eucalyptus, but it also has a bit of a sour sagey note that smells like ScentSationals Mountain Twilight or Better Homes & Gardens Crisp Fall Leaves, a scent that I don't like (but most people do).


Want to discuss this review and other store bought wax? Just join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/scentedwaxretail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.