Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Courtney's Candles & Creations Wax Melts Reviews

Courtney's Candles & Creations Wax Melts Review

Courtney's Candles Wax Melts
Click to enlarge

Watch video below:

Courtney's Candles & Creations is a company based in Missouri that sells candles, wax melts, accessories, and other home decor related products from different manufacturers. She also makes her own wax melts, which I am reviewing today. So she's a one-stop source for lots of wax and candle related items!

It was a pleasure dealing with Courtney's Candles & Creations (not to be confused with other companies named Courtney's Candles). The owner was friendly, polite and professional. She's been making wax melts for many years and she definitely knows her stuff!

Courtney's Candles & Creations is one of the very few companies whose wax I've tried where the throw on all scents I tried was almost consistently excellent, and many of them are scent monsters that took over the house. The "worst" throw of the bunch was still a good thrower!

Courtney's Mixer Melts wax melts are made with paraffin wax, with extra fragrance oil added. The only negative I have is that the wax is an unusual consistency, hard but sticky, like nougat, which makes it very difficult to get out of package. I had to use a butter knife to cut the cube out. But this was definitely not a deal-breaker because the quality of the scents and throw of the wax more than makes up for it.

Courtney's Candles & Creations wax melts can be ordered online at http://www.courtneyscandles.com/ccmelts.html. She also has a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/courtneyscandlescreations. I will definitely be ordering from Courtney's Candles again!



Baby Powder

Notes: A favorite for a fresh clean aroma.

My Review:
Well the name says it all. This is a true baby powder scent. It's fantastic!

Throw: Excellent, 5 out of 5, a scent monster that took over the whole house!



Black Currant Vanilla

Notes: Floral notes of fresh linen, green clover, rose, tuberose, narcissus, ylang, gardenia, jasmine and palm arose combined with warm woods of cedar. This is a dupe of the Bath and Body Works scent.

My Review:
Fantastic rich creamy warm sweet sophisticated perfumey scent with maybe a plum or blackberry note, but the currant tempers the fruitiness, and I do smell the vanilla. It has a little bit of a "Pink Sugar" note, but not as sweet and candyish. Interestingly, even though the scent name has "black currant" and "vanilla" in it, the scent notes on the website are completely different, and I'm pretty sure they're incorrect.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Brown Sugar & Fig

Notes: Ripe fig fruit and green fig leaf notes linger in the aroma of caramelized sugar and coconut milk and are accented with orchid, violet and sheer jasmine in a background of sandalwood and soft musk.

My Review:
This is not really a foodie scent, despite the name. It's a warm slightly sweet caramely type scent with a classy fig note that tempers some of the sweetness. It has a smidgeon of a perfumey note. Looking at the scent notes, yes I think I do detect a smidgeon of coconut! Very nice scent.

Throw: Good, 3 out of 5



Charleston

Notes: Soothing fragrance, a woodsy and spicy mix, including nutmeg, coriander, patchouli and cedar wood plus notes of honey and vetiver. This is a dupe of Lampe Berger brand Charleston home fragrance.

My Review:
This is a unique and interesting scent. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's a very smoky yet very sweet scent. It's not a woodsy type smoke, but more of a cigarette type smoke scent. However, it's also sweet,  slightly soapy, perfumey and floral. But that smokiness it the predominant note. Looking at the scent notes, I don't know where that super smoky note is coming from. I don't smell honey, although maybe that's the sweetness. I think I do smell a bit of nutmeg.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Heavenly Spruce

Notes: Vigorous spruce with spicy and woody notes.

My Review:
A nice warm spruce scent, not a biting pine scent. I detect a little eucalyptus as well.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Lady in Red

Notes: A sweet red currant with notes of tart green apple, pear, rose and a touch of pine. This is a dupe of Lady in Red perfume.

My Review:
I've never smelled Lady in Red perfume, so I don't know if this smells like it or not. But it's a pleasant rose scent with some other floral notes I think. It doesn't smell like perfume though, more like soap, which is a good thing, and it's not overly sweet. Looking at the scent notes, the currant is probably tempering the sweetness and providing that slight soapy note. I don't specifically smell apple, pear, or pine.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



Lemon Flower

Notes: Fresh and delicate lemon and lime with notes of orange blossom and vetiver.

My Review:
This is a nice sweet and slightly sour lemon scent that smells like a soapy lemon scented cleaner with a little bit of a lime note. I don't smell any "flower" notes. Looking at the scent notes, the "vetiver" is probably the sour lime note. I don't smell orange blossom at all (which is a sweet neroli type floral).

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Opium

Notes: Just like the famous perfume. An exciting, rich, and spicy perfume fragrance.

My Review:
I've never smelled Opium perfume before. This is a nice rich classy women's perfume scent with an oriental spice note. It's not overly sweet and it's not a candy-type girly perfume.

Throw: Excellent, 4 or 4.5 out of 5



Orange and Evergreen

Notes: Not listed on website

My Review:
I smell the rich sprucey note of the evergreen, with the warm sweet orange blossom, neroli note (rather than a citrusy orange). The two notes work very well together, and make this scent smell fantastic. If you didn't know what you were smelling, you would think this was a sweet, rich, kind of perfumey evergreen scent.

Throw: Excellent, 5 out of 5, a scent monster that took over the whole house!



Orange Blossom

Notes: Lovely orange blossoms scented with soft notes of jasmine and honey.

My Review:
I love orange blossom fragrances. It's kind of a neroli type scent, but with this one I can actually smell a little bit of orange although it's not a citrusy smell because of the warm rich flowery neroli note. Very nice scent! Looking at the scent notes, I think I do detect a smidgeon of honey.

Throw: Excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5



Originality

Notes: Herbaceous top notes of fresh eucalyptus folding into a mellow rosy floral accord surrounded by a powerful warm spicy cinnamon leaf, woody pine, and patchouli.

My Review:
This is an exact dupe of that fantastic Claire Burke "Original" scent. Claire Burke has their own wax melts in their "Original" scent, and they're $5 each on their website. Courtney's "Originality" is only $2.50 (currently on sale for $1.95).

I can't even begin to describe how good this scent is, and how happy I am that I found it in an affordable melt. There's no other scent out there that even comes close to what this smells like. It's fresh and herbal and smells a little like shaving cream or Noxzema, but then I smell rose and a warm woodsy incense note, and it even smells slightly like suntan oil, but it's not really sweet. It's a chameleon scent!

Throw: Excellent, 5 out of 5, a scent monster that took over the whole house!



Patchouli Pure

Notes: Floral and amber notes blended with rich patchouli and woody cedar with touches of clove, vanilla and lemon resting on a base of sweet musk.

My Review:
A very nice sweet patchouli scent that smells like it might have some other incense spices in it. It's sweet and a little perfumey, and not as raw and woodsy as other patchouli scents I've smelled. Looking at the scent notes, well there's the floral and musk notes I'm detecting. I don't smell lemon though. I really like this scent.

Throw: Excellent, 5 out of 5, a scent monster that took over the whole house!



Secret Garden

Notes: Fruity notes of pineapple, peach, cherry, cassis and watermelon are combined with fresh floral marine and notes of orchids, violets, jasmine, gardenia, rose & magnolia, warmed with sweet creamy vanilla, caramel and clove.

My Review:
This is a sweet floral with a warm note and maybe a smidgeon of raspberry, as it has a slight Pink Sugar note, but not that sweet or candyish. It's a little similar to Black Currant Vanilla, but with a floral note.

Throw: Very good, 3 or 3.5 out of 5



If you are a U.S. based wax company (retail or vendor) and would like me to review your scented wax melts, please leave a comment below, or on YouTube, with your company name and contact information. This website gets an average of 3,000 NEW visits per month in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.