Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Arm & Hammer Wax Melts from Dollar General - Review

Arm & Hammer Wax Melts from Dollar General - Review

These are new and I've only seen them at Dollar General. They only have two scent duos. The wax is soft and messy like the Dollar General "True Living" wax brand. Therefore, I didn't have high hopes for this wax because I haven't had luck with True Living wax in terms of throw. But I was pleasantly surprised that all of the scents except one threw quite well.

These are $2.50 each for 2 oz. of wax, and there are two scents in the package of 1 oz. each. Each scent can be broken into 4 rectangular cubes, and you put one or more cube into the warmer. You can mix the scents if you'd like, or use them separately. I prefer to melt them separately.

Arm & Hammer Wax Melts from Dollar General
Click to expand

Watch video below:


Ripe Raspberry/Island Breeze

Island Breeze (light pink) is a nice but generic tropical scent. Melted, it smells like a generic tropical scent that might be used in a commercial bathroom. Still a nice scent though. Throw was good, around a 3 out of 5.

Ripe Raspberry (magenta) is a very sweet fake raspberry scent, almost like "pink sugar" or raspberry scented body lotion. It's a very nice scent, not meant to be an authentic fruit scent. Throw was excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5. But scent started dissipating within about 2 hours.

Citrus Swirl/Cilantro Lime

Citrus Swirl (yellow) is a plain but pleasant orange scent with a lemon note. Throw was excellent, 4 out of 5. But scent started dissipating within 2.5 hours or so.

Cilantro Lime (green) is a very nice herbal slightly peppery lime scent. Throw was non-existent when melted, 0 out of 5, and I couldn't even smell it from a foot away.


Want to discuss this review and others? Come and join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/scentedwaxretail. We are a fun active group of over 1,600 members!

1 comment:

  1. Both of these products are wonderful and actually smelled better than the high end wax melts I have purchased and the scent was throughout the house for a longer amount of time. In fact, I happened upon your review through my search for more since I haven't been able to find them in our local store since my first purchase. I do agree with your review that they are in fact messy. However, it was very easy to wash my hands without any leftover residue.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.