Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Kmart and Sears Scented Wax Melts by MVP Group Intl. - Scented Wax Review

Kmart and Sears Scented Wax Melts by MVP Group Intl. - Scented Wax Review

Kmart and Sears Scented Wax Melts by MVP Group Intl
Click photo to view larger image

Kmart and Sears carry a "no name" brand of scented wax melts made by a company called MVP Group Intl. This company makes several brands of candles and scented wax melts, including Colonial Candle, Carolina Candles, Wick, Everyday Escapes, Bella Rosa, Febreze Home Collection, and Harry David Candles. In general, their wax is soft and messy. Soft wax melts quickly, but it takes time for the scent to make its way around the room. So it's important to be patient and not give up if you can't smell the scent right away.  I've had soft wax that took an hour to start throwing!

Paradise Petal
This smells just like a tea rose, even though the wax is purple. Very nice scent, but no throw at all, 0 out of 5.

Jasmine Vanilla
I smell both floral (not sure if it's jasmine) and vanilla, but there's also a cashmere/amber note in there that gives this scent an elegant quality (an upscale type scent like a Tyler Mixer Melt). This smells fantastic, so I'm disappointed that the throw was weak, around a 2 or 2.5 out of 5.

Lavender Lilac
I smell mostly generic lilac, with a hint of lavender. When melted, the lavender notes came out a little more, but it's still mostly lilac. Throw is pretty good, around a 3 out of 5.

Sugared Apples
This smells fantastic. At first I thought it was a fake apple because it doesn't smell "quite" like apple. But when I closed my eyes and sniffed, I realized it's actually pear with a very slight bakery note, like pie crust. There may also be a very slight hint of cinnamon. And it's not overly sweet. It smells like slightly tart pears baked in pie crust, but there are some other notes I can't identify that make it very unique. Throw is excellent, at least a 4 out of 5, maybe more. I went back and bought two more of these!

Eucalyptus Spa
This one smells a lot like ScentSationals Zen, with just a little less sweetness. Zen is a sweet relaxing scent with a subtle musk and sandalwood, and just a smidgeon of spearmint and eucalyptus. Throw is good, around a 3 out of 5.

Sea Salt
This is more of a tropical scent than a spa scent, but it does have some spa type notes. It smells a lot like Eucalyptus Spa above, but with a slight tropical coconut note. The tropical note was a bit annoying to me, so I didn't really like this scent. Throw is excellent, around a 3.5 or 4 out of 5.

Fresh Linens
I can't even describe this scent properly. It does have kind of a laundry scent, but there's also some strong chemical floral note that I can't put my finger on. I didn't care for this scent. Throw is excellent, around a 3.5 or 4 out of 5.

Papaya Guava
Peachy type scent with a hint of tropical fruit and a sweet peach nectar note. Very nice, and throw is very good, around a 3.5 out of 5.

Tropical Fruit
This is very similar to Papaya Guava, but a little creamier and with a little bit of that "fake" peach note, but not enough of the fake peach to make me dislike it. Throw is excellent, at least a 4 out of 5, maybe more.

Sweet Pea
This is similar to other sweet pea scents I've smelled (like those from Patriot Candles, Mainstays, and ScentSationals). But this one has slightly different notes. It might have just a hint of baby powder and/or vanilla. I think it would be a good scent for a baby's room. It's a nice, delicate scent, but the throw is good, around a 3 out of 5.

Cinnamon Vanilla
This is a yummy sweet creamy buttery cinnamon scent. It smells more like cinnamon ice cream than bakery cinnamon, because of a milky note. Throw is excellent, around a 3.5 or 4 out of 5.

Caramel Cream
This is a nice strong sweet creamy coffee scent with caramel undertones. It's probably a scent they've used for one of their other brands with coffee on the label. Throw is very good, around a 3 or 3.5 out of 5.

Grandma's Sugar Cookies
A vanilla cookie scent, not overly sweet. Actually smells more like a donut. Nice scent, but pretty standard. Throw is good, around a 3 out of 5.

Here are MVP scents that I got from Sears last year (Sears owns Kmart) and I no longer have:

Amber Woods
I didn't care for the scent. It's woodsy, but there's a chemical note in it. And the throw was weak.

Ginger Macaroon
I loved this scent! I don't remember the exact notes since I no longer have it, but I do remember that it had almost zero throw, and the little bit I could smell fizzled within 20 minutes.

Midnight Orchid
This one had a strong scent and throw, but I didn't like the scent. I recall it had a chemical note.


Want to participate in discussions about this review and others, and find out where you can find these scents? Please join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/scentedwaxretail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.