Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Ashland Autumn Gatherings Scented Wax Melts Review

Ashland Autumn Gatherings Scented Wax Review

Ashland Autumn Gatherings Scented Wax Melts
Click photo to view a larger image.

This is a review of Ashland "Autumn Gatherings" line from Michael's Arts & Crafts. These were originally $3.99 each, but I got them on sale for $2.00 each two weeks ago as they're starting to move out the fall scents to make room for holiday scents. These appear to be paraffin wax, so the wax is hard rather than soft and creamy like their regular Ashland line (which I believe is soy). Paraffin tends to have a better scent throw than soy. I believe the Autumn Gatherings line is made by a different company, but with the Ashland label. There are maybe a dozen or more scents in the Autumn Gatherings line. Many of them smelled all the same to me, or like other typical fall and "autumn walk" type scents. So this is a review of only 6 of their fall scents.

Cinnamon Roll
Smells like bread with cinnamon. Not overly sweet or overly cinnamony. 3.5 out of 5 throw.

Apple Cinnamon
Warm cloves with a dash of cinnamon and a slight apple note. 3.5 out of 5 throw.

Fall Forest
A crisp fresh balsamy pine. This smells like real pine needles or sap. It's more piney than sprucey (sprucey scents tend to have more of a smokey note). 3.5 out of 5 throw, but it only lasted about 2 hours.

Warm Cookie
This is an incredibly yummy cookie scent. It's rich with a slight bread note, lots of vanilla, and just a hint of spice, and not overly sweet. It really smells like cookies fresh out of the oven. Excellent throw, about a 4 out of 5.

Ginger Caramel Apple
Just like the name says, a combination of apple, caramel, and a slight ginger note. I also smell vanilla, but it's not a bakery scent. It's very sweet and smells like candy. Throw is around a 2.5 out of 5.

Harvest Trio (3 scents in one package):

  • Apple Pumpkin
  • A nice slightly salty cranberry scent with an apple note and a little cinnamon or nutmeg. Throw is around a 3.5 out of 5.

  • Orchard Fruits
  • A very fresh apple scent, possibly with a little bit of some other kind of fruit like blackberry, and maybe a very small amount of vanilla, and a smidgeon of that brown fall leaves scent that smells a little like dirt. Throw is around a 3 out of 5.

  • Pumpkin Latte
  • A sweet creamy milky coffee scent, very heavy on the cream and light on the coffee. Very authentic; I thought my roommate was making coffee! Not sure if I smell pumpkin per se, but there may be a smidgeon of spice in there. Throw is excellent, about a 4 out of 5.



If you'd like to view comments and participate in discussions about this review and others, please join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/scentedwaxretail.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the Ashland scents. I would love to see some smells you can't find like Bacon, Chocolate Chip Cookies (I bet realtors would like that one), Homemade bread, Pot roast. I've said many times "I would love to bottle that smell".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always said the same thing! I like scents that are a bit "different", not always the same pretty sweet scents. There are actually some companies (vendors, mostly) that make bacon scented wax. And I've smelled a few chocolate chip cookie scents too, as well as homemade bread. A few years ago White Castle put out a cheeseburger scented candle; I never smelled it, but I heard it was dead on, even down to the pickle and cheese! Pot roast would be awesome, anything with fried onions, hot dogs and sauerkraut... now I'm getting hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.