Pages

Go to NEW & IMPROVED Website: waxmeltreviews.com

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Tuscany Candle Winter Holiday Christmas 2016 Scented Wax Melts Review

Tuscany Candle Winter Holiday Christmas 2016 Scented Wax Melts Review

Tuscany Candle Winter Holiday Christmas 2016 Scented Wax Melts
Click photo to view larger image

This is a review of the new Tuscany Candle Winter/Holiday/Christmas 2016 Scented Wax Melts. I found these at Lowe's in the Christmas aisle, but you might also find them at Wegman's food store, Menard's, and Kroger. These were the only NEW scents I found, so there may be others. There were lots of last year's 2015 fall and winter scents mixed in, and I reviewed those scents last year. You can see those reviews at:
- http://www.scentedwaxreviews.com/2015/09/tuscany-candle-2015-fall-scents.html
- http://www.scentedwaxreviews.com/2015/11/tuscany-winter-holiday-christmas-scented-wax-melts.html

Butter Crunch Cookie
A super sweet cinnamon sugar cookie with a buttery quality. It's a nice scent, but when melted it smells like a lot of other vanilla sugar cookie scents out there and I barely smell the cinnamon. Throw is fair, around a 2.5 or 3 out of 5.

Maple Butternut
This one is very weak on cold sniff. I think I smell maple and vanilla and a hint of nuttiness. Melted, it's a non-descript vanilla scent with a hint of maple. Throw wasn't great, maybe a 2.5 out of 5.

Apple Berry Spice
Very nice fresh apple scent with a sweet berry note, maybe blueberries. And there's a smidgeon of a dirt note (in a good way) that makes the apples smell really fresh. I don't really detect spices, or they may be way in the background. This is more of summer scent than winter. Throw wasn't good, maybe a 2 or 2.5 out of 5.

Christmas Streusel
A yummy sweet rich buttery vanilla scent with a hint of something else I can't put my finger on. It smells a little like red velvet cake, but I don't detect chocolate. Or maybe there's a smidgeon of berry or apple in the background? I can't figure out the notes in this one, but it's very nice. Melted, it smells just as yummy as it does on cold sniff, throw is excellent, 3.5 or 4 out of 5, and scent lasted a long time. This is probably my favorite scent of all the new Tuscany winter scents.

Ginger Snaps
This is a dupe of last year's Gingerbread House, a yummy authentic gingerbread scent, with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and a bready note. Throw is very good.

Merry Cherry
This is a dupe of last year's Brandied Cherries, a fantastic sweet maraschino cherry scent with a hint of something rich like vanilla or sweet cream. Unlike Brandied Cherries, however, which had very light throw, Merry Cherry throw is very good, around a 3.5 out of 5. But unfortunately the scent started dissipating within an hour, and within two hours the throw was down to maybe a 2 out of 5.

Winter
This scent is from last year, and it's a confusing scent that I can't put my finger on. I thought I detected mint, but I really don't, although it might be in there way in the back. I also thought I detected vanilla, but I'm not sure that's in there either. It actually smells like an herbal body wash, not very sweet, more on the masculine side but not like men's cologne. It has an outdoorsy feel so there may be a hint of some kind of wood, and there are also some spices but herbal spices rather than bakery spices. I thought I also detected a bit of smokiness, but I really don't. Maybe a smidgeon of amber for warmth. Last year I mentioned that when I melted it, it morphed into something else, like a fresh mint plant from the backyard with a mediciney note, but I didn't notice that this time. Maybe the scent I tried last year really was old like I thought it was. Like last year's scent, throw was not very good, maybe a 2.5 or 3 out of 5. My review of this scent from last year is at http://www.scentedwaxreviews.com/2015/11/tuscany-winter-holiday-christmas-scented-wax-melts.html.

Pumpkin Pie
This is a scent from last year, but I never bought it because it's a a standard generic pumpkin pie scent with a plastic-y note. There are lots of pumpkin scents out there by other companies that smell better.

Lemon Sugar Cookie
This is their standard bakery lemon scent that they use for all of their bakery lemon melts. It's a very nice rich lemon scent with a little sweetness and just a hint of a bakery note. Throw is excellent. I didn't buy this one because I already have their Lemon Sugar Cookie scent that they put out other times of the year.

If you'd like to view comments and participate in discussions about this review and others, and find out where you can find these scents, please join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/scentedwaxretail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.